What is the difference between a Leasing Agent and a Broker?

Leasing agents are required to take a 15 hour course and pass the state licensing exam.  A Leasing Agent license only allows one to lease residential properties.  Brokers are required to take the 90 Broker Pre-Licensing Course as well as pass the state licensing exam but are enabled to assist with the leasing, selling and buying of residential, commercial, and industrial, etc. properties.

Posted in: Leasing Agent, Real Estate Broker